Sunday, April 6, 2008

Nekked Stand-up Comedians

Stand-up Comedy Day
Current mood: amused
Category: Movies, TV, Celebrities

It was stand-up comedy day on Comedy Central. It is one of my favorite networks, but it is loaded with lame commercials. It also bleeps out any bad language. Sometimes comedy must be vulgar to be effective. Dane "the great dane" Cook is someone who knows how to swear effectively.

Comedy Central has blessed us with "South Park," "Chappelle's Show," and "Reno 911," among others, and I'm a big fan. So are Nicholas and Josh. Robbie, too. We generally keep at least three televisions tuned to the channel at all times.

Jeff Dunham was good. I saw his puppet, or whatever he calls it, "Achmed the muslim Terrorist." Achmed gets pissed and sputters, "SILENCE! I kill you." He has that character nailed. I tried to explain to Josh that Dunham was actually voicing Achmed the Puppet, but he didn't believe me. Achmed is cool.

Josh probably believes all the MySpace celebrities I've "added" aren't really my close friends.

Check out Jeff Dunham, though, on You Tube. Achmed the muslim terrorist Puppet

Jim Gaffigan was the best of all. He asked his audience something like this: "ever have a day where you just had ONE thing to do all day long, but you couldn't seem to muster the energy to do it?" I related to that. I make that one little thing, like going to the post office, such a huge Manhattan Project. Usually I don't get it done unless it involves keeping the cable or electricity turned on. I've robbed liquor stores to keep those two utilities paid. I have my priorities.

Even at the ending of the world I'm going to be watching television.

Jim Gaffigan accepted me as a MySpace friend. We are tight. I'm still waiting on "The Great Dane." Dane Cook is so busy and famous, it probably takes a few days for him to personally decide whether to accept a new applicant like me.

RPH, Esq. N.V.

©Randall P. Hodge, Esq. 2008

No comments: